Summertime Tablescape Blog Hop

Hello everyone.  I hope your week is off to a fabulous start.  Summer is in full swing and the temperatures keep climbing....But we love everything that summer has to offer.  The very mention of the word summer makes me think of a slower pace, enjoying the outdoors and plenty of easy summer entertaining. 

This week, I am joining a group of talented ladies to bring you our Summer Tablescape Blog Hop hosted by Chloe from Celebrate and Decorate.  You are going to love all the pretty summer and fun tables styled for this blog hop so be sure to grab a cup of tea and check out the full line-up that is at the bottom of the post!  

My favorite place to entertain during the warm summer months is in our garden. Something different happens when you entertain outdoors.. The mood changes and everyone seems to have more laid-back attitude. 



Our summer tables should be just as easy and effortless.  This blog hop will give you plenty of tips for pulling together at the last minute, no matter how busy your are.  No need to worry about fresh flowers or a big production.  Gather a few already owned pieces like ginger jars to achieve a polished yet not too precious look.

I have been using a lot of blue and white this summer and it seems like this classic combination is having a moment.  Navy blue is this year's darling for interior decor but you and I already know the power of blue.  It is fresh, timeless and when combined with green chartreuse, it has the ability to command a scene.  So I am excited to share this summer table with you today. 



First came the white and navy stripped tablecloth, (a recent find on ETSY) then I layered the green chevron table runner on top to bring a contrasting color to the table.  The green hue is matched on the salad plates and napkins.  Green stemware at each place setting extends the green theme of the table.



The trio of plates at each place setting begin with scalloped dinner plates, green salad plate finished with the all time beloved Johnson Brothers Willow Blue. Gold -colored flatware by Lenox adds glow and frames these pretty trio of plates.


Blue and purple hydrangeas are casually arranged in white and navy stripped vessels.













Styling a table is about individual style.  It is creating a pretty scene that feels comfortable to you and your guests.  It should always express your personality.

Thank you for visiting today.  I am so glad you stopped by.  And don't forget to visit the other bloggers on this blog hop.  Check out the full line-up that is at the bottom of the post!  

Happy summer entertaining to you all.  See you soon...

Janet





Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Comments

  1. Your table is so pretty; I love the blue with the green!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preppy, classic, staying power. Beautiful table, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, your lovely table in blues and greens looks like a serene and cool place to enjoy a summer meal. All the blue dishes are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am swooning over your gorgeous table! Rita described it perfectly with that "preppy" tag! The navy blue and green is just so pretty. The plate stack is perfect with a variety of pattern, texture and color. Being a fan of chinoiserie, I of course love the porcelain pots you have added to your tabletop. Thank you so very much for being a part of another tablescape blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet, your table is exquisite in style and detail. The chevron runner gives a pop to classic blue and white. The plate stack is so pretty...I have the Johnson Brothers "willow" and it is certainly timeless. Of course, I love the stripe tablecloth, it reminds me of Carolyn Roehm, and her style is a personal favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!! I have a good amount of spode dinner and salad plates but do not have bowls. Your table looks gorgeous. I like the green added to the color arrangement. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh girlfriend, you best be glad I don't live close to you! Some of those dishes would go missing! LOL! Beautiful! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG dear friend, you are The Tablescape Queen! Wow it's stunning and with all the blue gorgeous items and china. Really amazing!
    Thank you for the inspiration.
    Abrazos grandes.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janet, I always love your style and this bright green and blue tablescape is terrific! I think I'll try to set something similar

    ReplyDelete
  10. That pop of green is fabulous, what a pretty table, I am a sucker for transferware and gold utensils! Girl after my own heart! Beautiful friend, happy to be sharing with you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the pattern mix and the color palette! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so love your style, you know, dearest Janet, and I'm sincerely in love with blue and white transferware, so this tablescape of yours is simply perfect to me, you never fail to fill my heart !

    With utmost gratitude for your great, good taste, I'm sending blessings across the many miles

    XOXO Dany

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful table you created. Blue and white is my current color crush and I just love all of the elements you pulled together for your table. And the pop of green just makes it even more beautiful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts